Friday, June 23, 2023

FRUIT FROM OUR ORCHARD

The only thing as wonderful as fresh vegetables from your own garden...

Peaches and blueberries

...would be fresh fruit from your own orchard!

You probably saw the posts for the peaches and blueberries as we gathered them but we had taken this picture when we picked them and thought we'd share.  This picture makes us smile.  Sure it's not a bushel of peaches or quarts of blueberries, but we grew them and that makes everything better. 😁


We made more blueberry cream cheese...


We bought some Blue Bell homemade vanilla ice cream and added blueberries, peaches and a cookie...


One night for dinner, we put peaches in our salad with tomatoes, feta cheese, and roasted sunflower seeds...

And then we made THESE with the last of our peaches AND blueberries:


OMG so good (recipe/technique coming soon).

Backyard orchard area

It's still small, but it's growing and producing and as time goes by, our harvests will (hopefully) only get bigger and better.


6 comments:

  1. Normally after the 3rd year of planting things, they will really begin to grow bigger and produce more as years go buy.
    The salad looks delicious. Cold summer salads are great on a hot summer day.
    Have an enjoyable weekend. Stay safe and stay cool.
    A mail carrier along with a man who works for a power company has died from this heat.
    They keep warning people not to leave your pet or child in your locked vehicle and yet there are some that still forget to check their car Before locking your doors.

    We where at Walmart the other day when I called the cops cause someone had left their dog in their car on a hot day. It does not take long for them to come over heated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You b𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆, 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒑𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆!

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy and you scored another awesome photo! James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your thrill of growing fruit. I have two blackberry bushes with blackberries ripening. I am so happy. I cannot wait to taste the handful of berries I will harvest. Those peaches look delicious. What variety are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on your way to having a nice source of fruit. Did I miss a post about what you decided to do for the house there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am having salad with mangos diced up in it for dinner. I have two mango trees and the red fruit looks like Christmas lights there are so many on them. I took two bags to church last night, and they went really fast. I told them I will bring more next week. Another lady then said I have a tree full but don't like them.
    so come get them.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!