Friday, June 9, 2023

MORE SHARING THE FINDS TRASH TO TREASURE

 Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.

This post will be a bit different though because we didn't want you all to think we just fill our place up with stuff we find.  Quite the contrary, more often than not, we don't keep what we find, we look and think, we don't have a use for that but while they may not be something we'll use, we'll gladly share with friends and coworkers who might want them.

I'll usually text or email a picture and say "hey, do you want this ______ that we found?"

Here are a couple more:


Found this just sitting there.  Always nervous to open a found piece of luggage (too much Discovery ID, haha), but it was a really nice, large, rolling Skyway hard side luggage.  It was metallic blue and in perfect shape.  In fact, it still had the luggage tag on it when I found it.


Here is it beside my car, opened.  It was clean and in great shape with zippers and compartments.  We have a nice set of luggage and didn't need this one.

Not sure why someone discarded it, maybe they used it once and didn't have the space to store it or figured they wouldn't be traveling again.  Their loss.  We found a friend who did need it!  She was actually heading out of town two weeks later and it worked out perfectly.  She LOVED it.


Also found these two artificial orchids.

Now these were pretty dusty, we're guessing probably up on a top shelf somewhere or bookcase somewhere and they moved and didn't want to take them.  Maybe they didn't match their decor.  Who knows.  Not exactly our style either, even though they are pretty, but we found someone who wanted them because they had moved and would be perfect in their new location.

Saved it all from the landfill and it all made two people very happy.  That's a win/win.


8 comments:

  1. I think when you retire, you should go into the resale business! LOL Or do a buy, sell, or trade thing!!
    Those orchids are so easy to care for ...no watering, feeding, or mites or scales or whatever affects the real ones! I have 3 artificial orchids and I love them! My real one is done flowering for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one fine looking piece of luggage.
    Luggage that we do have, I use for storage, like storing my winter and summer clothes in when not in use.
    1st Man what will you guys do when you move out to the farm and no longer having them treasures so handy? Curbside, dumpster diving, etc. You're going to miss not having them wonderful treasures so handy.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe they can keep a key code or whatever opens this garage and still make visits!!

      Delete
  3. Lovely buys….I wish you’d post more photos of yourself you handsome man x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys! You actually keep me somewhat sane. I miss the friendships I had in Texas. Passing on the things you find is a great gift. I have used your recipes many times, thank you 2ND man for the inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing your Finds is doubling the chances of saving items from going into landfills! Win-Win!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!