Saturday, June 17, 2023

"FEELS LIKE" A GOOD DAY FOR SHOPPING IN THE AC

Knowing that the heat was going to be extreme and in the "dangerous" territory, I took off work yesterday to go the farm and mow so we could run some errands and do some shopping today while staying near a/c.


We went shopping, had lunch, did some more shopping and ended the day with a stop at the amazing Voodoo Doughnut shop.


This is why we stayed indoors as much as possible...the feels like at the farm is 119 degrees.

ONE HUNDRED NINETEEN

It going to be a long hot summer...

5 comments:

  1. With this extreme heat, it was a very good idea to get the mowing done earlier. And then to spend today in the cool of the AC. Looks like y’all went to some fun stores.
    One of the channel 13 meteorologists said that this high heat is two months ahead of time. And the temperature of the Gulf now is as warm as the usual September 1 temperature. Which all may increase our chance of hurricanes. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's not summer, that's hell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of central and southern part of Texas is under extreme heat advisory.
    Heat index the other day was 112. I go out in early morning; do what really needs to be done and by 8am I'm ready to come in.
    It will be a Hot, dry and long summer. I just hate to think what our electric bill will be. :{
    Take care everyone, stay safe and keep cool.
    All enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a tease with those bags and not even showing us the doughnuts at least! 😉our temp was literally half of your so I can’t even imagine. Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!