Monday, July 29, 2024

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY

UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST

Didn't do our regular Sunday post so here is a special Monday edition of Good Food and Hobart, ha.

It was a weekend of doing absolutely nothing.  With both of us sick (four covid tests between the two of us, all negative), it was just sleeping and watching Olympics and more sleeping, ha.

Oh and some good food.


We went to the store, got a couple of chickens, boiled them in a large pot, let them cool, took off the skin and pulled the meat off the bones, then opted for carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, onions, celery and corn on the cob all in the strained chicken broth. It simmered for a couple of hours with different veggies going in at different times.  We put the chicken in the bottom of the bowl and then pour the chicken broth and veggies over the top.  It is so good. We ate it Saturday, Sunday and we'll finish it off tonight for dinner.

By the way, as this posts, we are feeling better.  I'm at work (whether I stay all day remains to be seen) and 2nd Man of course, works from home.


Hobart was sympathizing with us so he stayed cuddled up under his couch blanket. You'd think it was Winter, but he does like to be warm as he gets older (I suppose as we all do, ha).  We keep him covered up just how he likes it.  Because...

#notspoiled

UPDATE: ONE MORE DAY AGAIN OF REST, HAVE TO POSTPONE THE NEXT NEW HOUSE POST UNTIL THURSDAY.  IT HAS BEEN A LONG TWO DAYS AT WORK AND THEN HOME FOR SOUP AND SLEEP.  FYI, SAVING OUR DAYS OFF FOR THE HOUSE CONSTRUCTION, WE'RE SURE THERE ARE MANY TIMES WE'LL BE HEADING OUT THERE DURING THE WEEK.  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear that you both are feeling somewhat better.
    Soup looks delicious.
    Hobart, I like to cover up as well and you look so comfortable laying there.
    Have a great day and enjoy your week.
    Take care, stay safe and keep cool. Triple digit temperatures for the next several days. :-{ Was able to get our yard mowed yesterday before the temperatures increased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a fuzzy throw over me right now, and sit under it all day long. Hobart's draped blanket looks like a glamour shot. So, cute. One of his best yet.
    No covid, just sick. I was that way for a few days. It was miserable and no covid.
    That is a good idea to take out the chicken and put it in bottom of the bowl. I think I will try that next time. It looks deliicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup looks good. I like boiled chicken because you have all that good broth to use. I would have to not use carrots; they are very pretty in the dish, but I just don't care for them. I make dinner for a friend every few weeks and always make a dish of carrots and she loves them. So glad you are feeling better, a flu like something is going around here in mid Florida. I think I used a box of tissue today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling like death warmed up is never nice but we all feel like that at some point, hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad you’re feeling a bit better. Going home to Soup and Sleep is very good self-care. The soup looks wonderful.
    Hobart looks comfy on his blanket. Being an older cat, he probably feels chilly sometimes from the air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!