Wednesday, July 3, 2024

THE ONLY YARDWORK I DID

Realized after the big news post, I didn't mention the weekend (other than signing the contract to build a new house, ha, see previous post to this if you missed it).  Saturday it was hot.  How hot?


Well this was when I left at 2pm.  It was 97.  And it "felt like" a ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN!

What?!?!

I didn't mow...thankfully.  But I probably will have to this weekend.  Last weekend, I had to get the orchard area cleaned up.  It was out of control.


I thought I had a good "before photo", but I only have this one that I think I took by accident, ha.  Hey, whatever works!  I had made a path through the center with the Zen Machine.  Then I took the weedeater and cleaned out the raised beds as much as possible and then around them and lastly the electric "not so zen" mower was used in the spaces in between.

And it was done.


Looks MUCH better and is a weight off my shoulders knowing it's done.  I feel accomplished.  I didn't get the blower out or rake up the clippings but let's be honest, with a 118 degree temp, it was time to GO home.  

Now that the cat's out of the bag on the new house, I can say things like this:  2nd Man reminds me every weekend now, "this time next year, we will be living out there in a new house with cold a/c and I can mow in the evening, the early morning, or over the course of two or three days."

We can't wait!  Until then, I'll do the minimum to stay safe this Summer. 

6 comments:

  1. Orchard looks great.
    Next year will be here before you know it and lets pray nothing unexpected comes up in process of building.
    Cold AC and nice heat in the colder months. Fireplace or no fireplace?
    Will you be having a septic system put in as well?
    So happy for the both of you that things are finally falling into place.
    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening along with a safe holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orchard looks really good. It will be so much easier for you once you're living there to mow and keep things up. Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two have so much to celebrate ๐ŸŽ‡ this 4th of July! ๐ŸŽ†๐Ÿงจ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the orchard does look good and I hope this 4 July is all you want the day to be

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orchard looks so neat and tidy. As 2nd Man says, next year it will be so much better because you can take care of it over several days and in the less-hot evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you are taking care and not being in the heat too much but please be careful, drink lots of water and if you get tired in the middle of something "STOP", it will still be there when you are rested. Remember you have a lot of friends on here that care about you two.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!