Thursday, July 18, 2024

MORE FUN DISH TOWELS

Remember last summer when we posted HERE about 2nd Man getting me some fun BBQ themed dishtowels?

Well check this out:

We went to the same store last week that he found the others at an found these, new for this year!  Same style (terrycloth back/large sized) and these say "Fired Up!". I don't mind being fired up when grilling, ha.

Some more fun towels!!

 

We have shown this before but for new readers, we'll post these pics.  Where do you keep these finds?  We believe everything should have its place and the "place for these" is this...it was my Mom's and now it's at the farm, sitting under a window in the kitchen. I can't remember what she kept in it, but we use it in the kitchen at the farm to store all the dish towels we have so they are in one place.

The best part (besides storage) is...


...it doubles as a bench!

It's made of solid wood (not particle board), hand painted, and has a tight seal when it closes.  Since we aren't there 24/7 to keep an eye on things, we keep some cookbooks stacked on top so that we are sure no mice will be able to sneak in.  It's been a few years and no issues at all.

Since we'll be packing stuff up, soon we'll get them all out and take inventory.  There are also tea towels and dishtowels that both of my grandmothers made and embroidered little sayings on them.  Will have to share pictures!  The new house will have PLENTY of drawers for towels and such so that means we'll have to figure out where it's going to end up!  I'm thinking on the covered back porch by the door...a place to stop and sit to take off shoes or something.

7 comments:

  1. Hot, new towels there added to your collection.
    Having that bench under a window like that could discolor the finish,
    Makes for a nice storage place for your towel collection.
    Enjoy you day and have a wonderful evening along with a fun and enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'll have a place in your new kitchen, I would suggest you put that chest there! As a window seat, more storage space for kitchen stuff ... make it useful!
    Love those towels ... they are perfect for farm living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that chest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if the porch is covered, the chest will not be protected like it needs. Indoors is best for something that old. I am sure it will fit under a window or at the foot of a bed. You will find a place. I love the towels and that you both have towels from your mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live the look of the towels, I have some I inherited from my great aunt who collected them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be sure to USE your collection of towels. I've seen far too many collections of things (towels, especially) that people "saved" for a special occasion that never came and were distributed/discarded/sold after their demise. Don't be them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute new BBQ towels!
    I LOVE the storage bench from your mom! It’s constructed so well and will be perfect in your new home. How fortunate you are to have handmade kitchen towels that your grandmothers lovingly embroidered. What treasures they are!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!