Saturday, February 11, 2012

GOODBYE WHITNEY HOUSTON


I don't often put current events on my blog, because that's not what it's supposed to be about, but when I heard this tonight after I got back from the farm, I felt I needed to.

Whitney Houston was the soundtrack of my youth, from high school and into college and thereafter, her music was always there in the background.  I fondly remember the very first CD player I ever owned, I asked for it for Christmas from my parents because I wanted to have her album on CD so badly
(remember, it was a new fangled gadget at the time, ha).


Another fun memory I had was when she came to Houston for a concert.  I saved up for weeks to buy an 'almost' front row seat.  She was singing "Greatest Love of All" and was just finishing the song.  As soon as there was a lull in the music, I stood up and shouted
"I love you Whitney!" and she replied back "I love you too baby...."

I know she had a troubled life in later years, and I truly hope she finds the rest and peace that seemed so elusive to her.  Her music will live on forever and I know that it will make smile the next time I listen to one her songs...speaking of, I think I need to go do that.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks for that. She was the voice of my childhood too. I will miss her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww, so very very sad. Such a great talent and tortured soul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...loved this tweet from Barbra Streisand about Whitney: "She had everything, beauty, and a magnificent voice. How sad her gifts could not bring her the same happiness they brought us." Well said....

      Delete
  3. A great talent gone. And I remember how much you liked her. I'm sad too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!