Friday, August 3, 2018

TEXAS BOX TURTLE


The other day I was roaming around as I often do, and I saw this little guy/gal sunning itself on a path.  It startled me at first. Of course, anytime I run across an animal at the farm, especially when it's unexpected, it catches me off guard.

Of course these are friendly and peaceful creatures.  I stopped to admire and then left it to continue on its journey, wherever that might have been.

It reminded me of a time a few weeks back, when on the drive to the farm, I saw a turtle in the middle of the road, crossing to the other side.  Afraid of it not making it across in the speeding traffic, I pulled over, made a u-turn and went back to get it.  I waited for another car to pass (this is a back country road but still fairly heavily travelled) and then picked it up, and carried it to the side of road and into the ditch (the direction where it was headed).

Some bicyclists that had ridden by and saw it had turned around to come back and do the exact same thing.  They saw that I had already moved the turtle and they gave me the thumbs up.  

And now, for some reason, I'm sitting at work, daydreaming of turtles...



3 comments:

  1. cute little box turtle. Looks like he was looking for a bit of shade and enjoying the sun as well can't really blame him looking for shade with this Texas heat. He just might be looking for water.
    See, 1st man; you need to put in a small pond on the farm for little guys like this. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woman cleaning at my house said a rabbit in my yard keeps scaring her. ??? Your turtle would have really scared her! I wonder if you have turtles.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!