Sunday, February 17, 2019

DAYTONA 500 RACEDAY

Regular blog readers know that we love NASCAR. I know, some might find it odd but we love it.


For me, my Dad loved it for as long as I can remember and when you're a kid at home on the weekends and Dad is in charge of the remote, well, you know how that ends, ha.  So I watched and grew to enjoy it as well.  Even my Mom got into it, of course she also liked the nice looking drivers.  I think I got some of that from her too, LOL!  


This is one of the drivers that we root for, Daniel Suarez.  He's a younger driver and it's his third season in the Cup series.  We root for a few of the veteran drivers as well.

2nd Man watched it on and off over the years and then more regularly after we met.  Now we try to catch every race.  Most certainly we always catch the big ones and today is THE big one.  The Daytona 500.  It's like the Superbowl of racing.


....and hey, the cars are pretty cool to look at too.

On the menu today is steak, potatoes and creamed collard greens.

Yesterday was COLD and WET.  Ugh.  I went to the farm, checked on things, harvested some stuff, watered the plants on the porch and came back into town.  Today is cold and wet again.  Hope you are having a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Daniel Suarez - MUY CALIENTE! (fans herself)

    not a NASCAR fan here; for me, baseball season started on wednesday. YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun watching! I am not a race fan, but understand through friends who are how addictive it can be! We are only about 40 miles from Talladega and every year we say we should go at least once. Maybe this will be the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, your post today prompted me to have a vivid recollection of my limited experience with NASCAR racing . It was in the early 1980's when I had occasion to be at the Leguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, California. I was not there as a spectator but as a volunteer Professional Nurse working in the Emergency Unit/Ambulance as a guest of their Sports Medicine MD at one of the most dangerous curves in the circuit. It was a very fun and exciting experience. At the time, Paul Newman (movie actor) owned some race cars and one of his drivers was in a collision and was brought into the Unit. Minor injuries, thankfully. But, interesting how staff reacted to the presence of Paul Newman. Side note - he was very pushy and demanding.



    Thanks for taking me on a little trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What an exciting race it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way the race was going I'm almost surprised they had any cars left to finish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, was wondering the same thing. Thought maybe the pace truck was going to be the only vehicle left on the track:}

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!