Friday, October 29, 2021

HEADBOARD FOOTBOARD TRASH TO TREASURE

Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.

Here is one of the latest!

\

No, this isn't new fencing for the farm, ha.  We believe these are a headboard and footboard.  They are made of an unfinished wood, we're not sure what kind, perhaps pine or oak?  Unfinished is nice because no sanding will be be required and we can stain/weatherize/paint as desired.

They are long, probably were a queen size bed I would say.  We kind of thought they'd make a nice trellis of some sort in a future planting area.  Or maybe an accent in the garden.  Or maybe a corner fence of sorts to section off a flowerbed.  I was able to hang them in the rafters of the mowing shed on some hooks so they'll be up and out of the way until needed.

Saved from the landfill, repurposed for the farm. 


15 comments:

  1. Several different options when it comes to bed frames.
    Corner flower bed, build planter box and attach to frame, benches, etc, etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep the frame, but a nice pretty stain or paint it and use it in extra bedroom when the day comes when you move out to the farm.

      Delete
    2. Those are great ideas. Now we do have a wonderful cast iron bed frame already at the farm, so we'll lean toward something outside. You sent some great ideas.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! They are up and out of the way until we figure out how to use them.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Great find. I think if I was you, when I moved to the farm full time I’d keep that apartment for the occasional mini vacation as well as fantastic finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. We have actually given some thought to keeping an apartment in town but of course it'll come down to expenses, ha.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure sometimes 2nd Man thinks "what are we gonna do with that" but hey, it's up in the rafters and will be ready for me to figure out something.

      Delete
  5. Only problem may be that pine is a soft wood and won't last well in the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure it's pine, it kind of looks like it but it's very hard, I kind of wondered if it might be oak. I guess we'll figure it out, thanks for the info about pine, we definitely need to figure it out if it's an outdoor project.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I pass by some things and decide no, so I don't get too much but once a month or so I find something interesting, ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!