Sunday, October 1, 2023

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

 Still hot and mostly dry, but Fall is supposedly coming next week.  We shall see.  In the meantime, it's Sunday and time for some good food and some Hobart.

First the good food.

We literally had this just about an hour ago.  2nd Man made some omelets using up some homemade pico de gallo, mine with Swiss cheese and his with Monterey Jack.  It was also time to oven roast some bacon to put in the freezer and so we had some of that on the side.  This is applewood smoked, thick sliced, our favorite.  It was a good way to start the day.

And Hobart is sleeping on his afghan in the chair in the sunshine.  It's hot out and we have a/c on low since we are cooking things in the oven so he likes to lay in the warmth.  Because...

#notspoiled


4 comments:

  1. Curious if the black specks in that omelet is all pepper. If so ... is The Chef a little heavyhanded with that?
    The bacon 🥓...oh, my ... so crispy looking!
    Hobart rests smartly, not as a spoiled puss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple supper but yum! Of course, everything’s better with bacon!
    Hobart is the picture of contentment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Hobart ever respond/notice the cooking smells? I can smell it from here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like freshly ground pepper on my omelets as well, which is added right towards the end. You never want to add your salt and pepper at the beginning or during the egg cooking process. Your seasonings are added at the end and I think that is why your pepper flakes show up. Then again, it all depends on what you have your grinder set at. I like the larger pepper flakes.
    Looks like small pepper flakes or very tiny 'bacon seeds'. :}

    I got attacked by a bacon tree the other day. It just turned out to be a hambush. :}
    Bacon; one of the the main reasons why I'm not a vegetarian.

    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!