Friday, August 14, 2026

FILLING IN A SINKHOLE

 After all of our rains, we had some settling around the septic tank.


It looks like quite the hole.


I shined a flashlight in there and it wasn't as deep as it looks.  It was also animal free.  And we sure didn't want an animal making a home in there if we left it open.  

The septic tank company offered to come out and fill it in using the pile of dirt we still have, but we said we could handle it...this time anyway.


It took me about three wheelbarrow carts full of dirt and a bit of shoveling but I got it filled in.  We expect it will still settle a bit here and there as we get some more rains, but hopefully that is minor and still easily fillable.

It's always something!

1 comment:

  1. We have had to fill in a couple of holes / low spots ourselves. When it's so darn dry, like it is here, that dirt just settles deeper and deeper.
    By the way -

    Another year to create
    precious memories
    together.
    Another year to
    discover
    new things to enjoy
    about each other.
    Another year to build
    a life rich in love
    and laughter.
    Another year to
    strengthen
    a marriage that defines
    "forever."

    Happy Anniversary!
    Have a day full of love and blessings!




    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!