Saturday, April 30, 2011

THE LITTLE WHEELBARROW THAT COULD


When Ma moved, she left this wheelbarrow.  It's not in the best of shape, paint is coming off, there is some rust in the metal bottom, and it needed air in its tire, but let me tell you, there is no discounting the power of having a wheelbarrow at the ready for any sort of yard work.  I have put a hundred miles on this little guy, back and forth from tree to tree, to storage shed, to party tree, and back again.  I even put some heavy trash in it, and wheeled it to my car instead of carrying it.  So much easier and better on the back!

I told 2nd Man I'd like a new one at some point, but he said "when you wear that one out, you can get a new one".  At the rate I'm going, that might be sooner than he realizes, ha.  There are some different models out there now.  I'll have to do some research.  There are metal ones like this Kobalt on the left, then there are poly versions like this Jackson with TWO front tires on the right.  That's kind of neat.  But I wonder how hard it would be to turn?  I think I'll just have to make a trip to the hardware store and check them out.
 
Whatever I go with, one essential thing you MUST have on your property is a good old wheelbarrow.  It's might seem old fashioned but there is a reason they've been around forever. You can fill it up with rocks, bricks, dirt, plant trimmings and debris, even put potted plants in it and move it to wherever you need it to be.  You'll wonder how you ever did without one.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle in OklahomaAugust 4, 2015 at 11:07 PM

    Awesome blog ! Not sure how I got here but glad I did ! :) ....... I bought a wheelbarrow like the ones here with that wierd wooden frame thingy round the front tire recently and I hate it, I'm not strong enough to dump anything completely out when I tip it forewords nor to the side either and that wood frame totally gets in the way!! Next time ( it'll be a while because this one was expensive!! Ugh!!) I'm goin for a old fashioned regular one like your Ma's! Take care !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!