Sunday, August 17, 2014

CAN THE KAISER, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY


Interesting poster image today.  This is from just after WWI and it's fascinating how they took the 'bad guy of the war' and connected him with home canning.  "Can Vegetables, Fruit AND the Kaiser too".  The images are interesting, canned tomatoes and peas and then the Kaiser who is 'unsweetened', ha.  

It makes one wonder how this might go over today if directed at a 'common threat'.  "Can Veggies, fruit and Al Qaeda too"?

Hope your weekend is going well!

4 comments:

  1. wow, thats true, mmm, does make you wonder, its a beautiful poster isn't it, I hope your weekend is going great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fascinating. I love your thought of canning al qaeda, that would be funny to see that campaign, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, probably wouldn't convince me to jump on the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does make one wonder.

    (Just looking around via the link in Going Gently blog)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!