Sunday, August 10, 2014

KEEP A PIG, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Join a Pig Club, vintage poster image, courtesy of Imperialwarmuseum.com

A couple of months ago, I posted ANOTHER IMAGE of a Pig Club poster.  This one dates from the same time, WW1, but the last poster image was from the United States and this one is from the UK.

Kind of neat to see the coordinating programs in both countries.  Again, these were to help with the food support effort for the war, for soldiers on the battlefield and of course for those at home.  We love the idea of countries coordinating the same program aimed at getting children involved.  How nice it would be to have an international effort now to get children involved in something similar, if not livestock, then perhaps gardening. 

Hope you are having a great weekend.  It's HOT here so not much is getting done outside.  But there are always inside projects, right?


6 comments:

  1. Unless you have ac, insides projects are not easier unless it is a nap with a fan blowing on you. I think it would be great if there were a public initiative here or anywhere to get people to grow edible plants or animals. Hens are all I can handle. But, I could trade eggs for bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now that's true and hey there is nothing wrong with a nap!!

      Wouldn't a national effort in that direction be awesome? I think so many people are afraid of trying or don't know where to start. I'd trade veggies for eggs and bacon, ha.

      Delete
  2. We have a programme running in a lot of our primary schools that aims to change the way children think about food and to teach students how to grow, harvest, prepare and share fresh, nutritious food. Around 600 schools have adopted the programme. It's a good start to changing the future for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia is way ahead of the US in that aspect. I would LOVE something like that here in the states. That's awesome. I'll have to google it just to see what they do. Very neat. Thanks for sharing!!!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a pig club. Before we found this patch of land we considered trying to start one up in our old village.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's neat. Love that people still think like that. Perhaps someday, we might have that chance but for now it will have to stay a vegetable club, ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!