Thursday, September 1, 2016

WILLY WONKA, INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Something a little different today.  Inspiration can come in many forms, tmore often tangible but sometimes it comes to us in the form of a performance that stays with us...


Willy Wonka...the stuff of childhood dreams...much like The Wizard of Oz did and numerous other movies and TV shows of my youth, this movie sparked my imagination...


...I mean what kid didn't want to live IN a candy factory?  Or at least visit one?  And while of course he was just the actor chosen to play the role, he breathed life into the character and in turn, the movie became something much more...


...the immensely talented Gene Wilder, playing the iconic Willy Wonka.  Gene was a great actor, also bringing moviegoers such memorable movies as The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and many others, but for us, 2nd Man and I, it was Willy Wonka that left an indelible mark on us.


From all accounts, he was a genuinely nice man, a good person with a good heart...as it should be in (and sadly, so often isn't) in Hollywood.  

Thanks for being one of our childhood inspirations. You will be missed.


18 comments:

  1. Nice tribute! He is smiling somewhere! laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tribute.
    The world is richer for having had him in it, and smaller with his departure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true, he really does seem to have been one of those rare hollywood stars that was just a good person. We need more of those in the world.

      Delete
  3. would you believe I have never seen "willy wonka"? the producers, young frankenstein, blazing saddles - OH YEAH! but no willy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You must see it (if you like watching old children movies, ha)

      Delete
    2. Please! Please! See Willy Wonka. Gene is the best part, although Uncle Joe Jack Albertson) was wonderful too.

      Delete
  4. I had never seen Will Wonka until this last year. Blazing Saddles--I have seen it several times. There are others I have seen but forget the names of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that movie and Gene Wilder was perfect in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't he? I didn't really care for the Johnny Depp remake, his Wonka was kind of creepy...but Gene's was endearing and kind.

      Delete
  6. Thank you! This was lovely. I will miss knowing he was in my world. May his next adventure be ever so bright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a surprise as he had kept it quiet that he was even ill. He will always be in our imagination!

      Delete
  7. Did you watch his young Frankenstein?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, oh my gosh it's a wonderfully funny movie.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!