Wednesday, July 26, 2017

FRESH TOMATO PASTA SAUCE RECIPE

Several of you have asked what we've done with the veggies we've harvested. We've eaten it, ha!  And of course we've given away some to coworkers.   

Garden fresh tomatoes
But here's what we did with a small harvest of tomatoes.


2nd Man diced them up and added some seasonings. Dried basil, parsley, some garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Really it's just to taste. The juice is what naturally came out of the tomatoes  


Meanwhile, he browned 1 1/2 lbs ground beef.
Then added the tomato mixture. 


Reduce heat to low and simmer for about ten minutes or until the sauce begins to reduce and thicken, which concentrates the flavors.  


While that's happening, he boiled some pasta.  You can use any shape you like, we chose this one because it's got crevices to hold meat sauce.

Pasta and meat sauce
Add the cooked and drained pasta to the meat sauce and stir to combine.  It's really that simple.

Fresh tomato sauce with pasta
Put in a dish and serve...with cheese on top...


...or without.  It's wonderful either way, ha!

This is just a nice way to make up a quick sauce, no jar/store brand required.  It's a light sauce, not heavy or rich and that's what makes it so good.  Of course with garden fresh tomatoes, um, the flavor is tenfold!  Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and bet it smells wonderful.
    Whenever I have extra tomatoes I dice them up, put on baking sheet and pop in freezer. Once frozen I package them up in vacuum bags and pop back in freezer for later use in casserole dishes, chili, etc.
    I also like using the larger noodles for dishes like 2nd man just made. At times I will add lots of V-8 vegetable juice and make into a nice pasta/hamburger soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. my tomatoes are such a disappointment this year. i will eventually buy tomatoes and make a lot of sauce and freeze it. your pasta looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so delicious!!! I make a pasta sauce too and freeze it in bulk. I don't think I'll have enough tomatoes this year for a lot of it, but I'm like Joyce, I buy a ton of them in August to can and freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be very happy with that sauce over pasta. No meat required.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It.looks.very.delicious,thanks.for.inspiration,greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2nd Man is so amazingly creative! He puts this and that together and makes a delicious dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the wheelbarrows with the natural paint or rusty.


    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!