Thursday, November 9, 2023

BARGAIN TIME

You all know I love a bargain.  I usually try to hit the stores in the days after a holiday to see if there is anything we can't live without, LOL!

With Dia de los Muertos last week, I stopped by HEB where they always have great decorations every season (and for every holiday, ha) to look for the usual "after the holiday" sale.


Got these three wooden picture frames and since pictures of loved ones who have passed are an important part of the tradition, I had to get these for us.  We'll use one for his parents, one for mine, and one for the kitties who have crossed over.


These awesome melamine type plastic platters, each about 16" on the max width. They will go well with one we got last year from a sweet friend of the farm.


Some light up LED skull lights (made of thick lucite type plastic) on a strand.  Too fun!


You know me...
Dish towels...
'nuff said.


Sink drying mats.  Because, who wouldn't want an awesome sink drying mat on the counter that matches your kitchen towels?!


Last year, we got the one on the right with the yellow.  We use it year round when 2nd Man makes tortillas.  When I saw the purple one, at first I thought, well, we already have one, we don't really need another one.  Then I realized, since we often have both flour AND corn tortillas for the same meal, one for each!

Sold!


I had to make sure 2nd Man got something else fun too.  The baking liners are great for some cupcakes and muffins and then a favorite find, these non-stick, embossed cookie pans.  They are designed to make large cookies, like sugar cookies perhaps, and when you turn them out, they have the imprinted details for decorating.  I flipped one over so you could see.  I got two since they were so inexpensive and cooking two at once would make more sense.  Very cool.

Got all of this for $16.75!

11 comments:

  1. You got quite a haul there so now ... when someone dies, you can really celebrate!
    Well, that doesn't sound quite right! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well that's one way of thinking about it, ha.

      Delete
  2. I especially love the kitchen towels and all the stuff to match. I got a grab bag before Halloween and got temporary tattoos of sugar skulls. I am trying to figure out how to use those without putting them on me or giving them away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for changing my moreparsimony blog for Practical Parsimony.

      Delete
    2. Hmm, I wonder if they could be applied to something and then you could put some sort of clear protectorate over, that you could brush on or something?

      And no worries, we try to update them when we see updates. :-)

      Delete
  3. You do love your bargains. I don't even change out dish towels for Christmas anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like a sale, a really GOOD sale, ha. It's funny, I used to never get the small details like towels but in the last few years I've really enjoyed doing that. I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts, ha.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, I think they were 75% off or more.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you got a lot of cool stuff for a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? We always try to get stuff we'll use for sure.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!