Monday, November 13, 2023

PUTTING UP MEATLOAF

You all may have seen our post yesterday about the meatloaf 2nd Man made.  When we go through the time and effort of cooking something like this (or roasting chicken as well), we figure if we have to mix it all up, why not make several?

If we have to heat up the oven to make one meatloaf, why not two?  Or three as we did Saturday!  This is when we took them out of the oven.  Meatloaf covered in bacon and ketchup-y goodness, ha.

We used one for dinner Saturday and lunch Sunday and the other two we sliced up to put in the freezer for future use.  I sliced the ends off and them sliced the rest of each into four good sized, thick slices.

I put them all into vacuum sealer bags and ended up with three packages:

Two each with four slices (enough for a couple of nice future meals when you add the sides) and then one package with the "butt ends" as we call them, ha.  Not enough for a full meal on that package but nice for a weekend lunch or light snack. In the end, that one time of making a batch of meatloaf and cooking them all at the same time will give us three future meals.  If you count Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch, they will have fed us five times.  We'll take it!


10 comments:

  1. It looks delicious, but then, I am a meatloaf lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same, only I make individual ones and once they are cooled I will place in the freezer and once frozen I will then package and put back in the freezer.
    I do the same when making hamburgers
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meatloaf looks great, would you share your recipe please? Aussies dont eat a lot of meatloaf but it always sounds so homey and delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why I cook a dozen bscb at one time--future meals! Those meatloaves look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making extra for the freezer is a great idea. So handy to have something delicious at the ready. I often make meatloaf sandwiches with our leftovers. Heated in the pan and topped with melted cheese on a bun. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never thought about this in relation to meatloaf, but when I make lasagna, I make two trays and put 11 meals in he freezer. Which is pretty much a year's supply

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little secret...put just a T spoon or two of brown sugar in the ketchup cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post was a standout in its clarity and depth. Gratitude for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post left me with a lot to ponder. Thanks for the intellectual stimulation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart idea! It’s great to have a ready to eat delicious meal in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!