Saturday, February 20, 2016

OFF TO THE FARM

I love this stylized image of a farm, if only it could be this colorful and orderly
As this posts, I'm off to the farm today.  2nd Man is again staying in town.  There are some things he just isn't meant to see, LOL!

So I'll spend another day, hopefully in coolish weather, sorting through more stuff and finding a home for it.  My main goal today is to get the beds (or at least one) cleared off so that we can go back to spending nights out there.  Or more immediately, so I can go out one Saturday here soon and spend the entire weekend finishing it up.  It's funny how when you are moving stuff, any flat surface becomes a great landing pad...and then a Jenga tower. And that's what the beds (and dining room table) have become.

I'll be back late this afternoon and have an update later and with more "after" photos.  And I'll make sure I take "before" photos this time too.

Hope your weekend is a good one!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you.
    Remember, don't look at all the boxes you have left yet to unpack, but take a look at what all you have accomplished and it makes a person feel better when you stand back and see all what you have done so far.
    Have an enjoyable day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, in retrospect, that is what I did and it really helped!!

      Delete
  2. Hoping for a really good day for you. I understand the flat surface issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for being late in replying to these comments. You saw the end result it was a good day! And yes, flat surfaces are dangerous!!

      Delete
  3. Good luck.
    Flat surfaces are a danger here. Even many years after we moved in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just make it "too" easy to not get items to where they go.

      Delete
  4. good for you! wonder what 2nd man's reaction will be when he visits the farm again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be surprised, though he didn't see it much when stuff was being taken out because he was in town doing stuff to prepare for the open house. Then when it was a disaster, I haven't let him go out until I get it done, ha.

      Delete
  5. 1st Man,

    I have every surface in my home stacked with items from my parents home. Time to put things away, and hang things on the wall. Before you know it, you'll have that bed completely cleared off and ready for sleeping on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember that well with my parents. And grandparents. It's so hard. Hang in there! Yep, we'll get it all done eventually.

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a productive day at the Farm. It was a really nice day to be out in the country. Soon you'll have everything in tip-top shape and you'll be able to enjoy that great porch more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it a pretty day? And now that I"m replying to this today, wasn't TODAY amazing? Yesterday, not so much, but today beautiful.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!