Saturday, July 16, 2016

NATIONAL LOVE YOUR HORSE DAY

We would be remiss if we forgot to post this.  It was National I Love Horses Day!   (or Love Your Horse Day as it's also known)  Who knew??  Well I bet horse lovers knew. We don't own a horse of course (insert Mr. Ed song here, LOL), but luckily for us, 2nd Family has Artax, the horse member of their family for about the last 15 years...


We love to see her in their back pasture (they rotate her from their front to their back) because that makes her in OUR front yard, ha.  

So today I stopped at the store and got her some carrots. I had to call her up to our end, but she came...


This is "her corner" where Ma, the former owner of our house and land, used to give her snacks.  She knew that I would have something...


"And where is it?"  
She seemed to be asking...


I cut them up and scattered them around on the ground just like Ma used to do in the same spot...


Can a horse smile?  
Because we sure think this one is!

HAPPY LOVE YOUR HORSE DAY!


10 comments:

  1. I have owned horses since I was 12. I go through periods where I ride a lot and then not so much, but I love them the most of all animals! Great photos of a beautiful paint. She lucky to have you as neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will pass the kind words along to her caretakers. We're lucky to have her as a neighbor as well. :-)

      Delete
  2. beautiful horse; love the markings and the smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she is very pretty and I swear that is a smile! Or at the last, happiness.

      Delete
  3. She is a pretty horse. Now, you may not have to call her, just show up. Keep carrot in your pocket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left some in the fridge, I'll try that again next weekend! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I fall more and more in love with that horse every time I see it.
    Growing up on the farm, I used to have a black and white pinto horse very much what Little Joe rode on the Ponderosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for that. I will let them know. She's a pretty horse and paints are always so neat looking against the green...

      Delete
  5. 1st Man,

    Gorgeous horse!!! You made her day....look at that smile.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!