Saturday, July 23, 2016

OFF TO THE FARM

It's a hot day, very hot.  This is the time of year when we really just don't do much at the farm, at least outside. 


I'll mow, if I need to.  I need to check the garden for veggies and herbs.  I'm guessing there won't be much more to the veggies, at least the ones that don't like the brutal heat.  I like to turn on the a/c and do some inside projects...


...or at least, some projects (or resting) in the shade, ha.  This is the view under the tree we named Barnabas.

Hope you have a great start to the weekend!  
Updates later!


6 comments:

  1. Good day to be working inside for sure especially with the AC on.
    Just to unbearable to be working outside in this heat. A person can have heat stroke very quickly if not careful.
    I have noticed with the high temperatures that my tomatoes have slowed up some. Just not producing the fruit like they used to when it was much cooler.
    Enjoy your day and have a great weekend.
    Hope your bees are doing well in this heat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not working inside or out. I had a rough two days here, and I am resting inside. Besides, my car ac still does not work after thinking it was fixed. There are makings for salad with chicken and chicken sandwiches and deli ham. Cooking in this heat is brutal. My ac is very small!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the shade/cool idea We went to the lake place today, made sure everything was OK and decided it was just too hot to stay. The yard needs mowing but it not horrible. We are gambling that next week might be a little more pleasant (Or at least we will go down Friday afternoon and will be awake early Saturday to get it done before the horrible heat arrives.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. extreme heat warnings up here also; we stay inside and catch up on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do drink lots of water...it is very, very hot.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!