Saturday, May 27, 2017

SATURDAY PLANS


Quick post up today.  The weather is HOT.  And humid.  And going to change later this weekend and then it will be rain, rain and more rain.  

Today something different is happening first...we are closing out one of our storage units (we have two, one small and one large, this is the smaller one).  We've been slowly removing stuff from it for the keep/sell/donate pile.  

Now we are down to a few large items that are going in the barn.  One is a workbench that my Dad built and finished shortly before he passed away.  It's incredible (pictures coming) like a piece of fine furniture. Then I have his tool chest full of tools, a large air compressor, an antique oak drafting table and a woodworking machine that I hope to take up someday and utilize my creative side.  Anyway, we have a box truck and some movers coming to the storage unit and loading it up and taking it to the barn.  I'll have my work cut out for me getting the barn in shape, and in this heat that might have to wait until Fall but it will be nice once it's done.

Then after they leave the farm, it's mowing and edging since I didn't do it last weekend.  And then checking to see what harvest we'll have THIS time.

More later, hope your weekend is off to a great start!

10 comments:

  1. plus side - SAVINGS in not paying someone else to store your things! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will be having a very busy day.
    Need to get one of them Drum Fans for your shed to help circulate the air or else put in a window AC unit put in. We have an orange drum fan and it sure does help...........ALOT.
    Enjoy your day and be careful of the heat as they do have heat advisories here in the area. It's going to be another Hot day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful treasure!! AND to have so many beloved tools to help you create a lasting home! Can't wait to see your workshop! Always the best thing NOT to pay for storage! And hoping for LOTS of photos from your garden! Have a Great Memorial Day Weekend! Cheers!

    Jan at Rosemary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to clear out a storage unit by the end of the month, but the person who is supposed to be helping me has come for one hour this month! She gets the money I would have paid for the unit. And, there is not much to go!

    Have you ever thought of having an exhaust fan put up high to pull the air out through the vents high in the barn? Or, maybe that's not possible.

    I am certainly looking forward to the things you are moving out to the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you managed to stay cool and not over do it. As far as your shed goes, may you can have a hydrostatic vent fan installed. They are typically used in attics but no reason it couldn't be adapted to your shed/ barn. Once the temp reaches a certain temp, the hydrostatic switch will activate by opening a vent and engaging an exhaust fan to evacuate the hot air.

    How exciting to keep moving forward with your history being moved to the farm. I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't wait to see that work bench!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the weekend and your harvest!!! :) Hey, with all of those great tools your Dad gave you, well, you have no excuse not to make your screened-in porch now lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That work bench sounds amazing! It will feel good to be rid of the storage unit. I've been getting rid of stuff in the house, I'm happy to not have all this e tea clutter. Heat and humidity stink. I hope it cools down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We paid for a large storage unit for many years after my Mom passed and we cleared out her home. It was SUCH a relief to empty it a few years ago. Not only because it gave me time to get realistic about letting go of some sentimental "holds" but to not have that monthly bill! Looking forward to seeing that workbench!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so wonderful that you have your Dad's handmade work bench and his tools. I love having and using family things - it's like there's a part of them still with you.
    It was awful hot today - the air was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. I was dripping after picking my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!