Sunday, May 21, 2017

RAINY WEEKEND UPDATE


When we got to the farm, it wasn't too bad.  Hot and VERY humid but overcast and a bit of a breeze.  I got a lot done and the garden haul was awesome 
(post on the that tomorrow).  


Remember when I left last weekend I sprayed a second coat of the siding cleaner?  Well here it is week later.  White and bright and clear of mold/mildew.  It works great!


But alas, all good things must come to an end and by late in the day it was getting darker and darker.  We decided to head back into town.  

Storm front moving in
Here is a view from the apartment as one of the storm cells moved over.  It didn't drop a lot of rain here in downtown but 2nd Family said it was about 3/4" of at the farm (last night). 

Fruit infused water
I took the time to make a couple more infused waters.  One strawberry and lemon...and the other one lemon and cucumber (from our garden!).   
They are SO good.  

Bacon and eggs
For breakfast this rainy morning we had some farm fresh eggs, and for those that mentioned it last time, I told 2nd Man to make them scrambled, and of course a side of some thick sliced bacon.  
Simple but delicious! 

Cats watching bird 
And best of all, we sprinkled some birdseed on the balcony and the cats have been GLUED to the windows ALL morning.  Hobart lays as flat as he can possibly get, Brisbane sits there frozen in place and slaps the window occasionally.  The dove however is not fazed.  She's got food to eat.  

Hope you are having a good weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the storm cloud over the city! I would probably have to have it printed on canvas and hang it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely in our saved file in the computer. We're running out of wall space but thought the same thing. Maybe someday somewhere! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'mma loving that breakfast plate! and that's how my cats watch the outdoor bird feeder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down! And aren't cats funny watching birds? It's as much fun for us to watch them watching birds, ha.

      Delete
  3. That really is a beautiful picture from your balcony of the storm clouds, the cityscape, and the lights. It's just now starting to rain here - with LOTS of lightning and thunder.
    I picked my garden before it started. I am needing to pick the cucumbers daily because they grow so fast. I now have enough to make some dill pickles and also some bread & butter pickles. I was thinking of using that quick B&B recipe I posted recently for some pickled squash - I think it would work for just about any vegetable.
    So funny about your cats being mesmerized by the birds on your patio. My cats sometimes do that also.
    Yum for the bacon and farm eggs and also the infused water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty and scary ha. We had lots of lightning and a bit of rain. It was all good. The weather and the food (and drink) and cats, ha.

      Delete
  4. LOVE that storm cloud.
    Smiling at the cat television you created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've always loved weather, good and bad (no damage or people hurt of course) but a great thunderstorm is pretty awesome. CatTV, ha.

      Delete
  5. Those were beautiful pictures in town and at farm. If you have pigeons in your city, they will make themselves at home. Cats are funny watching birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigeons are in town, but we're pretty high up, they don't seem to be interested. So far it's one dove, the same one we think that comes back on a regular basis. I guess she hasn't told anyone else yet.

      Delete
  6. I call it kitty television. It drives my cats bonkers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They DO love it don't they? Kitty Television, great description!!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!