Thursday, May 4, 2017

FLAGPOLE INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!



This is something we want, most likely sooner rather than later.  That's because we already have a pole that "Ma" (the previous owner) had with a birdhouse (purple martin's).  The birdhouse broke apart a couple of years ago in a storm.  It was up there for years prior to that and we think the plastic just wore out.  There hadn't been birds in it for a long time.  

So we have the telescoping pole already set in concrete, now we just need to figure out how to replace a section or two with an actual flag pole and then landscape around the base.  Red white and blue flowers perhaps?  I already have a great idea for the base.  We would love to have a US flag and/or a Texas flag flying high...it just seems like one of those things you need to have in the country.  

Be inspired!

6 comments:

  1. After moving from the city to the country a flag pole was one of the first things that we put up.
    I do take the flag down in the evening being we have no light to illuminated the flag at night but I would like to get a Solar Flag Pole Light that secures right to the flag pole and no wiring involved at least that way we will be able to display the flag in the evening hours as well as during the day.
    A flag and flag pole are a great addition to any yard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I've wanted one practically since day one. Now that we are there more often, I'd like to see that while we're there. Something peaceful about watching a flag in the breeze. I've seen some of those solar lights specifically for flagpoles, that would be neat.

      Delete
  2. Love it, we have a flagpole and love it. I like to watch it blowing in the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I just commented about that. Yep, there is something oddly hypnotic and/or relaxing about it isn't there? Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. In addition to using the flag at night only if illuminated, if you fly it in inclement weather, you will need an all weather flag. If you are ever planning to have a radio that needs an antenna, many people camouflage their antennas in a flagpole. I don't know how high your bird pole is, but it's an idea. I love the idea of a flag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I like the idea of an antenna use as well. Thanks! Never thought about an all weather flag either. See there's all sorts of stuff to learn. Well this will happen sooner rather than later. I just took the birdhouse remains down and I've been cleaning around the base of it. Just need to measure the pole to find a flag pole that will fit inside the base pole and then get the flag and do a flowerbed around the base (and I have a great idea for that too).

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!