Sunday, April 23, 2023

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

Another week has gone by and here we are, closing in on MAY?!?!  Where does the time go?

2nd Man made a pot roast yesterday.  One of those meals that just makes you want to take a nap when you're finished.  A nice chuck roast, seared, with seasonings and potatoes, onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms, all covered and put in the oven low and slow for a few hours.

It was melt in your mouth wonderful.  We had enough for yesterday's meal, we'll eat it again today and have a bit left for lunch tomorrow.  Win/win/win.

Hobart was not interested.  He decided yesterday was a good day for relaxing on the window seat pillows (we saved them from when we sold the house).  We put them there to make it easier for him to get up onto the chair, sort of like soft stairs.  Because...

#notspoiled

9 comments:

  1. Pot roast is always a comfort food to me. Yours looks delicious. Hobart rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it comforting? We love it. Don't have it often enough, need to do it more often. Thank you and yep, Hobart rules, ha.

      Delete
  2. For some reason I decided that a good beef stew was just what I wanted. Your meal makes me want it even more. Soft stairs sounds like a good idea. Sweet Hobart deserves a soft life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, beef stew is good too. And really, this is kind of that, right? Ha. Soft stairs would be great for us as we all get older, I know we're always looking for comfort. And yes, he deserves it and he has it. :-)

      Delete
  3. i love pot roast. my family loves it when i make one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's old school but so good isn't it? Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Your roast and vegetables look fantastic! It’s one of my favorite meals. Easy to make and so delicious and so versatile for other meals.
    Hobart looks very comfy on his TWO cushions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy for sure. I mean, we just sear the meat a bit, some broth, seasonings, and the veggies, it's just so easy to put together. The hardest part is waiting for the cooking time, ha. They are always best when the meat is just falling apart tender. And yep, Hobart likes his cushions. It's funny, they (all three cats) used to sleep on them when they were in the window seat at the house. I think he remembers that.

      Delete
  5. pot roast is a popular dish for a good reason. my family loves it when i make it. hobart has the life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!