Monday, April 24, 2023

WEEKEND WASHOUT

 It was a wet weekend.  Well, half of it but early Friday morning we had some heavy rain come through.  Saturday was gorgeous and clear but I went to the farm solo on Saturday because we were anticipating it to be a quick trip.  "J" from 2nd Family said we had about 3 inches of rain. I was hoping for the best.


It was indeed clear blue skies and cool temps with a nice breeze which would have been perfect for a day of working in the yard but...


...even my Jeep left muddy tracks when I drove a bit off the normal path.


There was standing water everywhere.  This is a natural path where the water goes from the back of the property, down the driveway to the road, and further on to points beyond.

Needless to say, it was WAY too wet to mow and I was NOT about to get the new Zen machine stuck in the mud.  What I really wanted to do was edge but I couldn't even do that because it would have just created an even bigger mess.

So I watered the plants on the porch but of course, no need to water the fruit trees/bushes.

Yesterday we got another inch of rain and this week...


...there is more possible, though we'll look at this as a 50/50 chance which means it's just as likely to not rain, ha.  We shall see how it goes.

For those who have asked, we had our brush/tree clearing done last week.  The water prevented me from mowing over the cleared areas so I'll have to do that soon.  Pictures of before, during AND then after once we get to the after part.

3 comments:

  1. Started to rain here during the night on Saturday and continued to rain through most of Sunday and with that we received a 1/2 inch. Really put a bit of damper on things that where planned but can't do nothing about Mother Nature.
    Enjoy your evening. Remember; there is always better days ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way to discourage that water flow? I did not want to entirely stop my water flow down my driveway, just slow it down a bit. So, I went along and put little dams of small sticks in rows along the flow. It was amazing how little dams caused leaves and bits of soil to form. Eventually, I quit having such a flow in the yard. Believe me, the job you would have to do is much larger than mine. A little effort might be a great change in flow in your yard. You would not have to do it all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad that you got your brush clearing done before the rain. The rainstorm that came through was really intense – at times, it was roaring so much that I didn’t know if it was prolonged thunder, heavy rain, or the wind. Looks like more is coming on Thursday and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!