Sunday, August 2, 2026

GOOD FOOD AND KITTY CAT SUNDAY

AUGUST!  AUGUST?  Where has the year gone?

It's hot for sure, we are having "feels like" temps of over 100 degrees.

I made some of our favorite chicken, Pollo Asado.  It's a marinate that has seasonings and then achiote paste that gives it the distinctive red color.  This will be wonderful on the grill when we eventually get that set up but until then, we roast it in the oven and it's still wonderful (but we do miss the char marks, ha).  Then we roast some corn in the final 15 minutes when we bump up the temp to 425.  So yummy.


Babygirl likes to sit on the porch railing now.  She discovered the chair in the corner offered easy access to the railing.  Now she loves it up there.  

Hope you have a nice weekend.  Stay cool!

7 comments:

  1. Long time since my last comment. I am so happy for you both that the new house is working out so well. I am also happy that Babygirl is getting "civilized." Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that cat has won the "Texas Cat Lotto" and can look forward to a wonderful life

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food 😋 looks delicious!
    The kitty looks like she knows something is up, but she can't quite put her paw on it just yet! Spa time? ... No ... spay time! The spa comes later! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog for a very long time from Australia. I just love that after loosing your beloved cat and you saying not ready for another one, one found you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a delicious meal! Yum!
    A beautiful picture of Babygirl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Babygirl just about has y'all trained to her liking.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!