Monday, May 2, 2011

RETRO STYLE SINK AND FAUCET


One of the things we like about the kitchen most is the original, all stainless steel, once piece counter top. The counter, the sink, the back splash, it's all seamless and once piece.  Very neat.  We realize there is not much we'll have to do to it, other than a fresh polishing and stainless steel treatment,  
but we do want to get a new faucet, just to freshen things up a bit.  

Whenever we are restoring something, or thinking of replacing something in our house, we like to keep things as close to the original as possible.  I did some googling and found this:

This is a virtual duplicate of the one the farm has now.  Love the porcelain handles, keeps it looking very retro.  And of course, it's still got that awesome "built in" soap dish.  

Makes us want to use a bar of soap and not the liquid stuff in a bottle, ha.  Though I suppose the soap dish could also be used as a place to store the recycled scrubber or sponge we use to wash dishes.

Anyway, I'll be picking up one of these soon, and then we'll be good to go with the beginning of the kitchen refresh.


1 comment:

  1. The other thing with remodeling an older home is that "modern" things don always fit into the older spaces. When I redid my downstairs bathroom, I had to buy an all in one sink and counter top because the previous sink was held in with metal clamps that were very rusted and guess what----no longer made. Check all measurements before you start your project or you will make numerous trips to Home Depot or Lowes!!! Trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!