Sunday, July 28, 2013

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, FRUITS AND WOUND HEALING

 Fruits and Wound Healing vintage poster, image from National Archives at College Park, MD

This poster is definitely interesting, if not a bit blunt in its message.  It was similar to others from the time that talked about how healthy fruits were, but this one tied it in with the war effort.

Here it is the vitamin content that they are emphasizing.  It states that Vitamin C is an aid to healing wounds and building tissues and the Government urged people not to waste fruit because it could help soldiers who were wounded.

Hope you are having a great weekend.  We have done some stuff at the farm and best of all, things are greening up again after the rain.  More later!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for worrying about me! I'm ok, just a little overwhelmed! I've done a brief blog post finally. I hope you are well. I have a lot to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!