Sunday, March 2, 2014

TINY YARD FLOWERS CALLED BLUETS

Tiny yard flowers known as Bluets
I'm not sure what these are called These are Bluets, thanks to a commenter below.  I noticed yesterday that parts of the yard are covered in them.  They are tiny and ever so delicate...this is a super zoomed in view.

I love seeing the first signs of color...Hopefully, this means Spring should be just around the corner.  Although right now, we've gone from 75 degrees and sunny, to about 50 degrees and raining, so who knows this season!


5 comments:

  1. We call these "Bluets"-Thyme-Leaved Bluets- Houstonia serpyllifolia. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I love that someone comes in and answers this. Thank you so much, I'll update the blog entry to reflect the name. Thank you again! And of course, "Houstonia...." well, that seems appropriate, ha.

      Delete
  2. I love these first signs of spring - and I love the name of those pretty little flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Oh how I long for random wildflowers to pop up all over our not-yet-realized property! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this touch of spring. Major snowstorm here today! It will be a long time before spring flowers show themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!