Sunday, March 9, 2014

DIY VANILLA EXTRACT

DIY Vanilla extract
2nd Man is out of town, it's cold and rainy outside, so I figured it was a good time to start a new batch of vanilla extract.  We do this about twice a year and yes, we do use that much vanilla in baking/cooking (we also give some away).

For those new to the blog, CLICK HERE for the original 'how to' post.

Since we let it go for about six months, this batch will be ready in September, just in time for the Fall cooking season.

Homemade vanilla extract process
Update on the weekend tomorrow, hope yours was good.  We turned rainy and cold and will be that way for a few days.
Time for inside projects!



9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I was just telling my hubby today that we should try to make vanilla extract. I knew it was just vodka and beans, thanks for the info and the link to your original post. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well glad you found us and hope you enjoy your extract! Come back soon!

      Delete
  2. *Hic*..poured offf toomush vodka.
    jan e x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I used dark rum (Bacardi) instead of vodka ... probably comes out about the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I've never done it with that but might just try that next time. I would think it would work. You just want an alcohol that doesn't have a strong flavor...

      Delete
  4. I love making my own vanilla and use the same brand vodka as you do. The flavour just gets better as time goes on.. love your blog by the way, I literally fell in here today, look forward to coming back :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thank you so much for commenting and thanks for the kind words. Come back anytime!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!