Thursday, August 11, 2016

SPLIT RAIL FENCE FLOWERBED, INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday, we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


Fence with flowers, image source Pinterest.com
This is kind of an interesting way of making a flower area focal point.  We have lots of big open spaces and just plopping some flowers in the ground in some random spot always seemed kind of odd.  But this gives them a "reason for being" where they are.  Saw this and had to save it.  It's like an old fence that's falling slowly into the ground with only the flowers holding it up.  Pretty cool and would be pretty easy to replicate with some old wood.

Be inspired!

12 comments:

  1. Love the rustic look of this even what looks like a cat sitting right up there, front and center. It's rather blurry, but can barely make out the head of cat.(looks like a farm cat to me anyway)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look kinda like a cat. It's a neat look for sure.

      Delete
  2. Flowers plopped down somewhere can easily be put where mowing is difficult. I think the blur is a number or name someone wants to block.

    When you start more "decorating" outdoors, you will have plenty of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good point, maybe a house number. I like the idea of putting flowers where mowing is difficult. Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Oh! Maybe right where the drive comes off 2nd Family's property? Not a divider, just a marker sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, thanks for that. I will have to look at that next time I'm out there. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  4. We have a similar setup with common orange lilies. They set off each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look up those orange lilies and see if they grow here. Thank you, I bet that is very pretty! I love orange in the landscape.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I vaguely remember that, I'll have to look that up again. I love your taste in movies.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!