Thursday, December 14, 2017

OUTDOOR CHALKBOARD INSPIRATION THURSDAY


Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Outdoor DIY chalkboard image via Pinterest.com
Here is another, perhaps, odd one. Yes, something I've always wanted just like that TeePee a few weeks back. Maybe it's the inner child in me but I've always wanted a large chalkboard!  Perhaps there is some childhood incident I can't remember involving going up to the chalkboard in front of class, ha. Of course having a large one inside the house would take up a lot of room, not to mention we literally have NO wall that would have space.  Plus where would you put it inside?  The bedroom?  The dining room?  Not a lot of obvious spaces.  So when we ran across these the other day we thought they were pretty cool. 

Outdoor chalkboards!  There are numerous online DIY projects like this, so you can find them in you need to.  Instead we just thought we'd share a couple of pictures.  Pretty cool huh?

Outdoor chalkboard image via Southernliving.com
We have plenty of spots for something like this.  It could go on the house somewhere (on the backside), or of course the most obvious spot, either the barn or mower shed.  Lots of large, blank walls there to hang something like this!  It would be fun to just randomly draw on, maybe make notes about something, or even put a menu or schedule of events someday when we have a party out there.  We'll see!  For now the post is up and saved and we can check back at a future date!

Be inspired!

10 comments:

  1. I think it's a fun idea if you have the space! Little love notes, or even reminders of what to do in the garden...and if you feel a creative juice flowing, draw something! I love it, it's very childlike, and I do things like that all the time, it makes life very fun! :) I'd have to put it somewhere safe from the rain though...or build a mini roof over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you think. We can always use some fun childhood things to do. Might make us all better adults? :-)

      I thought about the rain, I need to to research that. This is a future project, we'll see!!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea too. I love chalkboards. I have a bit of an obsession with them! My friends count my chalkboards when we have a girls' night happy hour! ha! Love the idea! go for it! laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Thank you! I bet you all have some fun girls' night happy hours!!

      Delete
  3. Get some colored chalk and just have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, life needs a little colored chalk doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. What a fun and creative idea.
    I thought about doing something like this to the inside of my shed door; getting thin sheet of plywood, cut to size and then using chalk paint, paint the wood and hang on the inside of the door to where it would be protected from the weather elements. If I had 2 doors the other would be a bulletin board or I could do 1/2 bulletin board and 1/2 chalk board on my 1 door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, never thought about that on the inside of both the barn and shed buildings. Good idea. I have had a similar idea for a spot in the house and never thought about how to do it but your idea gives me some ideas!

      Delete
  5. We have two long cupboards in the kitchen, on the inside of one (full length) is a blackboard and on the exterior of both is full length whiteboards. We use the blackboard for a wish list of sorts, the top left whiteboard is for Michael's business reminders, the bottom for our shopping lists and the right whiteboard for everything else like working out maths problems, messages and reminders for the family........anything and everything. We would be lost without these handy organisers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh whiteboards would be so awesome in the kitchen. Thanks for this suggestion. Y'all all give us lots of other options to think about too!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!