Friday, December 15, 2017

WOODEN WINE BOX TRASH TO TREASURE FIND

Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock, where people can put the things they don't want.  

I've found several cool items so far.
Here is the latest!


This was a neat find, not 100% sure what I will do with it but it's nice. It's a wine crate.  We're assuming a fancy boxed set came in this. Sadly, I think I missed the sliding lid, as there is a groove cut for that.  I suppose it would be easy to recreate.


By using them as they were, they are of course one box with a lid that covers up the whole thing.  Separately they are two nice size, very sturdy wooden boxes. Not sure what we will do with them but hey, it seemed too good for some sort of use to just throw out. Like I said, this is a good, thick wood, very durable.  Storage is the obvious choice but that makes me wonder...

Anything else?



16 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest Breakfast in Bed tray but they look a little deep for that. Maybe serving trays for when you have all those cool outdoor parties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH I like that idea!!! Carrying glasses, bowls of food, etc. I could paint them and maybe put handles on them. Thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. You find the best trash-treasures! I googled ideas and there are so many creative uses for them - stacking shelves, a hanging cabinet, shadow box, planter, pet bed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pet bed idea too. Not sure we have enough room for anything else hanging, ha.

      Delete
  3. Add shelves & hang lengthwise on a wall. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, even though we don't have a lot of wall space (the house is weird, mostly windows on outside walls and what little is on an inside wall has stuff on it, ha), but I do like the idea of shelves in it too. Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Opus One? I'd display that one in a very visible space. 😉 Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, must be a good brand, ha. I'll have to check that out.

      Delete
  5. Line them with fabric, pine cones, and something with a nice scent. Add Christmas gifts, and you have a cool way to present your presents to friends and family.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great trash to treasure item.
    The wine crates are awesome.
    Hubby used to; but no longer able to do so, was bring some empty crates home from Sam's Club so I do have a few on hand for projects of some sort. The possibilities using wine crates are endless.
    Right now I have one that I use to display my nativity set. (will send picture 4 U 2 C)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got the pic, love it! Great idea. I hope I find some more, would like to store them for future projects.

      Delete
  7. husband's father used to make shadow box scenes.
    those boxes look perfect for such a project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow box scenes? How fun. I will have to check that out.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!