Thursday, October 11, 2018

FLOWER CONTAINER GROUPINGS INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


We recently got our second galvanized tub (haven't blogged about it yet though).  After the big one we found downstairs at the apartment a few months back, we realized we should start looking for ideas.  So we found these and like how they are used.

Put in groupings, of course they aren't anything you couldn't do with random clay pots of a various sizes, but there is just something appealing (to us anyway) of the way they looked when grouped together like these are.


They are so pretty with flowers of varying sizes and colors.  It makes for neat focal points somewhere in the yard where the makeup of the ground soil doesn't matter.

Be inspired! 

3 comments:

  1. These would so easily brighten up any spot on the Farm. And they're portable and could be moved around to change things up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If one plant does not work out or fades too soon, you can use the portability of the flowers to substitute another in its place. I have given up on planting in the ground. Flowers and vegetables alike will go into pots. I cannot make a hole, but I can put dirt in containers. I recently bought 18" pots, originally $28 for $7 each. If course, if I found a deal on tubs, I would get those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty and makes a great colorful statement no matter where they are placed at.
    Love the looks of the galvanized containers of all sorts and make for wonderful planters.
    They are great for planning dwarf trees / shrub plus variety of different flower plants to fit the seasons / time of year plus you can always change out the container by spray painting in choice of color; don't like the color, can always be repainted. Using stencils is also another option to decorate your containers.

    Now this is just me; but I like things grouped in odd numbers instead of even numbers. At times I will put containers in groups of 3, 5, 7; etc. and then adding some sort of yard art/decoration in among the containers

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!