Sunday, June 20, 2021

HOBART SUNDAY WITH CAKE

It's another lazy Sunday.  Hot.  Dry.  
Did we mention hot?

Sleepy Hobart 

Hobart is spending Sundays as he usually does...sleeping...dozing...laying around...occasionally eating...sleeping some more.  Sounds like a good day!

Here he has a pillow cushion to lay on.  And a cushion covered with his favorite blanket.  But he's chosen to sleep half on the floor and half on some packing cardboard that he "adopted".

Pineapple upside down cake

For us to share this weekend, I made a pineapple upside down cake.  It's an indulgent favorite and you can never go wrong with a classic like this.

Hope you are staying cool and safe!

8 comments:

  1. The title says it all – Hobart and cake – two of my favorites! I think Hobart chose the floor because it’s cooler there.
    Mmmm, I love pineapple upside down cake! Yours looks so delicious – and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of our favorites too, ha. Yeah the floor is definitely cooler, never thought about that. It is yummy for sure. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Happy Hobart Day! It's hot and wet here.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh his head is big enough already since he rules the house, don't let him know he has a whole day! HA!

      Delete
  3. YUMMY! I had made individual ones not long ago. Hubby isn't fond of pineapple but he will eat P.U.D.C. , only because he thinks his middle name is 'sweet desserts'.

    Hobart is doing what I pretty much done today myself. With the heat; it really wears down a person; exhausting.
    Y'all take care, stay cool & stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PUDC, we'll have to remember that. I like the idea of individual ones too. They are pretty when you get a slice with a whole ring and the cherry. Yep, stay cool, it's gonna be a LOOONG hot Summer.

      Delete
  4. Mma made pineapple upside down cake in an iron skillet when i was a child and we loved it. I have made a few, but I don't think I could flip an iron skillet over with a plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh an iron skillet!! Great idea but yeah it would be hard to flip over a cast iron pan for sure but I are it makes a great one.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!