Thursday, December 16, 2021

BLUE AND WHITE A COLLECTION

We don't have a large collection of it, but since the master bedroom at the farm is decorated in blue and white, we've become fond of blue and white items like these to display in the room.  Mostly we'd like to fill up this set of corner shelves, which by the way, was a streetside find when we lived at the house in town).


Anyway, some of these items were gifts from friends of the farm and a couple were thrift store finds.  It just makes for a nice focal point in the corner of the room (and gives us something fun to collect, ha).


This large, Chinese style ceramic planter was actually an apartment trash to treasure find that I just realized while writing this that I forgot to post about that when I found it.  It's sitting on a wooden stool that I painted blue a few years back and it's in another corner of the room.  There is a cool object in it that is a project I'm working on.  Will show that to you when it's finished, if I can figure out what I ultimately want it to look like.

It's really the only place in the house that we have blue and white like this.  We've never collected the flow blue in the dining room/kitchen, it's just a collection for this room because we like the colors there.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely display and they great on that corner shelf unit. Tha planter container is gorgeous.
    I really like that corner shelf unit. It reminds me of one that my mother had. At Christmas time she would decorate it with many different Christmas figures but on the top shelf she always had her Nativity set displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue and blue & white items! Your collection is beautiful. That corner shelf trash-to-treasure was a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. I have a corner cabinet in my living room that I've tried to make a focal point with blue items. It was especially effective in a much larger house with a very big living room where the eye really needed to be drawn to a particular spot.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue and white together, those are very pretty pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a collector of Blue Willow, I adore blue and white. You have a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and white. Flow blue is wonderful, but it is too expensive for me to own even one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's difficult to see, but the little piggy on the bottom shelf of the corner unit is just too cute!
    I have 3 blue and white tea pots that friends gave to me quite a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spotted that little piglet as well and thought to myself; "I wonder if that is a piggy bank". I used to have one almost like that some years ago and mine was a bank. It sure is a cute little piglet.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!