Friday, May 19, 2023

COUNTDOWN BLOCKS TRASH TO TREASURE

Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.

I found these in this baggie in a box of other things that I left behind (towels, some cracked plastic storage boxes, etc).  I wasn't sure what they were until I got them out and did some research.


They are called COUNTDOWN BLOCKS (or cubes).  The number cubes have all the numbers necessary to recreate 0-52 so it will work for any period of time on a calendar from days and months...


...to weeks and years.  They can be used to mark and keep track of the time until an event, we suppose either count down or count up.  They are heavy wood, with a nice distressed color that fits a rustic look.

It's possible they had a holder of some sort. This came with a small cardboard tray that they could sit in but it might have just been from the purchase.

We currently have them set to 23 years for our anniversary time.  Later this Summer we'll change it 24, ha.  Once we get something done with the house out there it will be fun to change it daily as we countdown different milestones.

Someone else threw them away, we find something fun to do with them and give the a second shot at life.


6 comments:

  1. Great treasure find.
    It wouldn't be hard to make a small wooden box for the blocks to all fit into.
    Years ago hubby built blocks similar to these for the grand kids to learn their numbers, days, of the week and the months of the year.

    Found something along the line of what you have here: Wooden Milestone Blocks modern Wood Number Blocks for - Etsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.ebay.com/itm/384954836842

      Delete
  2. What a Fun find! Your trash area is “like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I meant to say that I thought a countdown somewhere had blocked your place where you found treasures. I was tired.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!