Wednesday, May 10, 2023

RAIN RAIN RAIN

 These are the rainfall estimates for this week by the time the rain clears out (if it does).


The farm is in the 4" to 5" range of rainfall totals.  Yesterday, there was very heavy rain and some pretty intense lighting but nothing else thankfully.  Just when it seemed road might start flooding, it slowed down and stopped for a break.  Good.  Today as this posts, more rain happening again but hopefully moving quickly.


Health wise, post covid, we're doing better, still a bit sick, lingering cough and stuffy nose but both of us much better.  2nd Man was much worse off, where I said mine was like a cold, his has been like a flu.

Probably going to be too wet to mow this weekend so I might skip the farm, we'll see how it goes the next few days.  Just seems like it might be better for us to rest all weekend long and make sure we recover. 

Hop you all are doing well!

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you both are on the mend.
    Has been raining here since the early morning hours. Just a light rain, mist to a sprinkle at the moment.
    Wishing you both a quick, full recovery.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your last thought, rest and recup, are the best thing to do. The farm and all that lovely grass will still be there when you feel better. Started to say more normal but had second thoughts...so better it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you guys are doing better. i still cough every morning when i first get up. what a weird sickness. send some rain my way. i sure could use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could use some of that rain, less than 4 inches in 5 months. I am on the west gulf side of Florida south of Tampa. It has been near 90 and hot. We are promised rain this evening, not much but we will take whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thunderstorm that came in Tuesday night was very, very bad. Storms don’t usually bother me but this one had such wild thunder and lightning that I couldn’t go back to sleep.
    I just watched the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday. It’s going to be very stormy, starting in the early morning tomorrow. In my area, 4 inches up to 6 inches is predicted.
    I’m glad you’re going to take it easy this weekend. It’s going to be a rain-out anyway. After Covid, you both need to have a good rest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!