Friday, July 14, 2023

99 RANCH BONUS FOR 1ST MAN

I forgot to include this the LAST POST.

On our recent trip to 99 Ranch Market, while all the cooking ingredients and fun stuff were for 2nd Man (though I reap the rewards of eating said wonderful ingredients), I saw these!


The gardening side of me was happy!


I didn't buy any because I wasn't sure what I'd want to try (all of them? ha).  I need to venture back and pick some up when we have our garden or maybe go ahead and snag a few and store them away?  They seem a little pricey, though I haven't bought seeds in a while so maybe this is normal, ha.

How long can packets of seeds like this last?


5 comments:

  1. https://www.bobvila.com/articles/do-seeds-expire/
    Depending on type of seeds; some will last longer (some up to 5 years) than others. It all depends on variety of vegetable seeds. Keep in cool, dry place.
    I have stored seed packets in the freezer. Make sure your seeds are dry before planting.
    When it comes time to plant; soak your seeds in a bit of warm water over night. Those that float to the top normally won't do anything. Remove the ones that float and discard, and just plant those laying on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so interesting to try some of these different varieties of vegetables.
    I think the best way to preserve the seeds would be to seal them with your vacuum sealer and then freeze them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you decide to buy seeds from there, get Baby Bok Choy and Egg Plant. They grow so nice and oh so tender. Perfect for stir fry. Also, the green beans are far superior than the seeds sold in American seed catalogs and stores. I love 99 Ranch Market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The big seed bank in Norway (Doomsday Seed Bank) freezes all seeds. I have abused seeds, getting too warm, never cooling and have still had most of them still germinate. I buried a postcard embedded with seeds that was at least ten-years-old and the were okay. I threw out a seed ball, homemade, and I had good results. None of my saved seeds ever been exposed to extreme heat for long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okra is a plant that can stand the heat and it grows fast.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!