Saturday, July 29, 2023

HOT DAY UPDATE

It was hot today.

I did the cutting (that in an update Monday).


I didn't really need to mow but one thing led to another.  I edged around the outbuildings because they needed it and they look better when neat.  Then, with all the cuttings on the ground and areas I needed to cut shorter, I decided to get the mower out to do that.  Then I mowed the driveway...just because...and then around the orchard...just because...and the front a bit...just because...


But as you can see above, it was only about 30 minutes on the mower.  It was good to have it running so it is used and isn't just sitting.

Definitely no mowing next week because...


There is ZERO rain in the forecast plus a hundred degrees or more every day.  Next weekend the "and humid" means the "feels like" will be insane.

But hey, no mowing.  No edging.  Just watering and back to cool air.

6 comments:

  1. Our local news say that we will have triple digit temperatures for at least the next couple of weeks or so.
    Sure could use some rain as our yard is really cracking up, plus have used up the water in our 3 - 100 gal. water tanks
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Everyone stay safe and stay cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our forecast was just revised and I think Tue is 103 or higher. Yikes. And zero rain for at least the next two weeks.

      Delete
  2. Thirty minutes must have seemed like a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't TOO bad, it's a breeze while I'm on it but then when I stop I have to get off, clean it, then put the ramps on the shed so I can drive it back in, etc, so I was ready to call it a day, ha.

      Delete
  3. Ouch! What a terrible forecast. Wish we could send you some of our rain. We had an inch again yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even hotter forecast coming now. And yep, zero rain. We'd take some if we could, ha.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!