Wednesday, January 24, 2024

RED BARN COOKIE JAR

This is a wonderful "get well" gift we received and we just had to share.

Check this out!


A beautiful, ceramic, red barn cookie jar!  It has great little details and is the perfect shade of barn red, complete with hen!


Of course, the roof lifts off with a good tight seal from a rubber gasket and a place to store cookies inside.  2nd Man is currently researching healthy cookie recipes so we can put it to good use. I remember my grandmother having two or three ceramic cookie jars and she was always putting cookies in there.  Haven't thought of that in years and this brings me back.

It will have a special place on the counter for sure!

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute and just what you two need. I kept receipts and junk in my cookie jar, a huge red apple. I did not need cookies! You do...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and useful cookie jar.
    I never stored cookies in any of my cookie jars but instead I would store individual wrapped mini muffins, hostess cupcakes candy bars, etc. Anything that is individually wrapped.
    I have a barn cookie jar but my jar lid doesn't come completely off. When you open the lid it say's; " Step Away From the Cookie Jar." My daughter had given it to me quite a few years ago. The sound is a dead giveaway when that lid opens up. :}
    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correcting my mistake.
      It's the Police Cop cookie jar that says' Step away from the Cookie Jar' and my barn plays the 'Green Acres' song which was the song that was sung on the TV program, 'Green Acres'.

      Delete
  3. What a cute cookie jar! Just perfect for y’all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that cookie jar! 2nd Man can find all kinds of healthy cookie recipes online!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! I love cookie jars.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift! If you haven't heard of Cookie and Kate she has amazing recipes (including cookies) that might fit your new lifestyle :)
    https://cookieandkate.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this, so perfect. New visitor, looking forward to your posts. Keith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, especially the chicken at the door!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!