Saturday, July 2, 2011

JAPANESE ASIAN EGGPLANT

This is another one of those vegetables that I like because it is SO easy to grow
(at least it is down here in the Houston area).


Japanese or Asian Eggplant Beautiful Color

It's pretty much like traditional eggplant in taste and texture.
These grow a bit longer and narrower than the more traditional but they are just as tasty
(and in some cases, a bit milder and sweeter in flavor) and have a nice, thin skin, which helps with using them in your cooking.


I planted them on a whim 2 seasons ago in our small city garden and they just produced and produced constantly.  I only had two plants but I was pulling off one or two per day at one point.
It also seemed to be insect and disease resistant because I never had any problem with it.  The plants grew to about 3 1/2 feet tall.  My only regret is I wished I had planted more.


Japanese or Asian Eggplant Sliced Open

If you need RECIPES, click HERE
there are over 3000 eggplant recipes at this one website!

So, I've added this to our "must have" list of veggies we want at the farm.
Try them sometime, I'm sure you will love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!