Wednesday, April 23, 2014

PAINTING A CANDLEHOLDER



Found this metal wall mounted candle holder at a garage sale recently.  It's not old or anything valuable, but we liked the style and design.  So of course...








...I had to whip out the can of spray paint and get to work.  I didn't need to  sand it, this was already smooth and ready for painting.  I hung it up on a hook we have hanging from a tree branch and gave it a coat of red paint.  Side note, we love painting things in the country, we can do it anywhere and not worry about paint drifting to where it's not supposed to be!








...and here it is hanging on the wall in the kitchen.  Yes, I know the candle is a bit large, need to find some smaller ones, but we couldn't wait to see what it looked like.  It nicely matches the other reds we've put in the kitchen, the cookbook stand HERE, and the paper towel holder makeover HERE.

So pull out that paint can and give something old a new lease on life!

9 comments:

  1. "Pull out the paint can" is definitely my philosophy! I am in the city, but do not worry about drift as I have a large yard. I threw hats on a bush and regretted that for about four years. I have a tarp that is a painting tarp now. I just throw it over a small table and even the drift on the grass just hits the tarp.

    I never thought of hanging anything in a tree to spray paint. For something like the candleholder, it would save all the worry of turning it to hit every surface and then allowing it to dry to get the back.

    Glorious color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say "I threw hats on a bush and spray painted them and regretted that..."

      Delete
    2. HA, I understand. I painted something on some buses in the driveway in town once upon a time and it was a good couple of years before it finally disappeared. This is a hook on a branch and so it, like you said, lets me get all around it. I hang it about eye level. Makes things easy!

      Delete
  2. Recycle and reuse. I like this motto. You can shop for hours in stores and online and never find accent pieces in red. Find the item and grab the paint can and boom, it all matches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY! I have a sign that says recycle/reduce/reuse. Yep, this is something I am always looking for, the right color red but this way I can just make it when I find it, ha. Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. Here's an idea if you find more candleholders: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/333196072403567414/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's great. Thanks!! Dang, I keep starting to get into pinterest and start pinning and then I get sidetracked. Need to do this. Thanks for the link, love the ideas!!!

      Delete
  4. Wow... that came out really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!