Friday, April 25, 2014

THORNS AND THORNS

Cactus paddles and dewberries
This is a neat picture...thorns and more thorns!  Saw this on the road leading to the farm.  It's a patch of cactus growing next to a patch of dewberries.  Definitely one spot you would not want to fall in to the middle of, ha. 

Now that I think about it, cactus paddles like this are edible and dewberries are delicious, I wonder if this is nature's way of suggesting a recipe?  LOL!

We'll be checking out the development of the dewberries this weekend.  Hoping for a lot to be ready soon.

6 comments:

  1. Just enough ingredients ( cactus and strawberries) to get your creative juices flowing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my taste buds, ha. It wouldn't be a bad combination, except I don't know much about cactus, or "nopales", and how they are cooked. Might need to do some googling huh? Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I DID fall into a cactus patch once. It was miserable. I avoid them like the plague, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is OUCH!!! I can understand your fear. Yikes!!!

      Delete
  3. That was a very interesting though... 1st man. Nature IS like that, huh? Someone (like 2nd man) should try it!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I told him earlier to read up on nopales cooking and see what he can come up with. We'll see what happens!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!