Friday, October 25, 2024

ALOE VERA PLANTS TRASH TO GARDENING TREASURE

Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor, and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.

I was taking some of our empty boxes (I break ours down by the way, like you're SUPPOSED to do, ha, but I digress).  I walked in and saw these two aloe vera plants.  We had a nice one at the farm, but we missed it one year in the freeze and it never recovered.  I told 2nd Man we needed to get one to have at the new house and then these fell into my lap!


Two nice and healthy aloe plants, one in a plastic pot, the other in a nice, colorful, clay pot.  I'll repot the plastic one into a clay pot but otherwise, these are great plants in great shape and now we have two new plants for the porch at the new house.  Aloe is always great for burns (and maybe even wasp stings?).

For now, they will live on the balcony at the apartment so I can keep an eye on them and bring them in this Winter and then they'll be at the farm.  Maybe one on the front porch and one on the back porch.


2 comments:

  1. They look like pretty healthy plants. Cheap is good but Free is better.
    I have some 'babies' that I need to transplant in pots....................someday that is.
    You both enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! We break down boxes, too. It is so annoying to find a dumpster or area full of boxes not broken down.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!