Thursday, July 7, 2022

A LONG DRIVEWAY

We've mentioned that our house is about 1/4 mile from the road (and the mailbox, ha).  When I was mowing a few weeks back, I got these pics to kind of show you.  As always, you can click and the photos get bigger.


In this one, I'm about halfway down the driveway.  The arrow is where we come in.  I was facing that direction when I took the picture.

Next...


...I turned the mower around in place and faced toward the house.  The arrow is where the house is and where we park our cars when we come in.

And last...


This photo was taken from behind my car at the house, looking back to where I was when I was taking the second picture.

Yep, it's a long driveway.  The good thing is that it gives us absolute privacy from the road as we are at the farthest back side of our property. 2nd Family lives just behind those trees to the right of the arrow.  It's quiet and secluded for sure.

13 comments:

  1. I remember growing up; when I was a young kid, me and my 3 brothers had to walk over a 1/4 mile just to get to our bus, come rain or shine or snow & in freezing temperatures. (That was in Iowa) The winter months where the worse.
    The bus driver knew the walk we had to make so he would always wait for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I can't imagine in the winter with snow and ice. At least you could use that on your kids when they were growing up about how they didn't have it as bad as you did. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow. That is secluded. How far are you from the nearest town?? This would be the ultimate in privacy. Have you seen anymore snakes?
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's not that far, about 8 miles away we have a town with grocery etc and another good sized town about 15 miles away. We are only 45 miles from downtown Houston so that means we aren't far from the suburbs, ha. It's just a nice remote area with quick access to whatever we might need.

      Delete
  3. That is a looong driveway. "Secluded" is certainly apt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have one advantage over the long driveway we once had in MD - level!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, definitely level. And since we're at the back of the property, it is the higher spot and the water goes toward the road but it's very very gradual. You wouldn't even know it really. It's more or less flat.

      Delete
  5. Good thing it doesn’t snow ❄️ n Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I mean, at least on the rare occasion it does, everything shuts down for a day or two, ha. We'll just have to make sure we have food and heat and we'll be good.

      Delete
  6. That is a LONG driveway – you won’t have to worry about not getting your exercise steps in when you have to walk that far to check the mailbox! But such a beautiful, peaceful walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good walk for sure. I'll admit to checking the mail when we pull in or leave but once we're out there, it will be a good walk for sure. ;-)

      Delete
  7. Ditto Colleen's comment. I grew up on a farm in MN. Had the same 1/4 mile driveway and the same weather. It kept us healthy. Now I walk 50 steps to the mailbox and with 111 degrees yesterday , here in TX, that is plenty.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!