Sunday, July 17, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

It's a hot Sunday, time for some good food for the foodies and some Hobart for the kitty lovers!


This was on our Instagram the other day so some of you may have seen it.  This is "Sopa de Fideo" that 2nd Man made.  It's a tomato based soup with beef and fideo, a thin Mexican noodle similar to angel hair or thin spaghetti.  I made some tacos dorados, which are corn tortillas with queso fresco inside, making them similar to a quesadilla.  You dip them into the fideo as you eat.

The next time we make them, I'll take pics and create a post for the recipe.  It's Mexican comfort food.


Here's something Hobart does.  When I take off my shorts and t-shirt for bed, he will sleep on them overnight.  He will do the same thing if 2nd Man leaves his clothes on the floor.  We guess he likes to be close to us and while we could pick them up and put them in the hamper, we don't, because...

#notspoiled

10 comments:

  1. i love fideo. we are getting rain right now and it feels like a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it good? And down here it's like 45 cents a box, ha. YAY FOR RAIN!

      Delete
  2. That looks sooo delicious! Looking forward to the recipe.
    My cats like to lay on my clothes also. When I leave for a trip, I have to leave a used T-shirt on my bed - it’s like it’s their security blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get it put down one of these days (and I'll photograph it). Yes, they love familiar things don't they? Whatever makes them happy and safe and secure.

      Delete
  3. Soup looks delicious, and like that beef ( is that chunks of roast beef?) added to it as well. Me, I would add small meatballs. Hubby has to have some sort of meat in soup. Looking forward to the recipe
    Hobart knows when it's bedtime. He sure does look comfy and settled in for the night.
    Have a great week.
    Stay cool & stay safe everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beef stew meat. But absolutely. Actually Mexican sopa de fideo doesn't usually have meat so you can use anything. He was comfy, that was in the morning, I actually took the picture with my phone before I got out of bed, ha.

      Delete
  4. Hurrah for rain and for y'all to allow Hobart to continue to be unspoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always look forward to Mondays so I can read your recipes and see Hobart!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!