Sunday, July 10, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

Like we try to do most every Sunday, it's time for a post with some good food for the foodies and some Hobart for all the kitty lovers out there...

BBQ Ribs with coleslaw and potato salad

This is from last weekend but a couple of you asked about it after I mentioned that we were having this for the 4th of July weekend.  This meal is one that I make and 2nd Man loves. The ribs are low and slow in the oven and then I make a coleslaw that is not your typical coleslaw, it has no sugar in it.  2nd Man is not a fan of super sweet coleslaw (I love it either way) but this is one I found online and make it all the time.  Since the ribs have BBQ sauce which is itself sweet, this is a nice contrast.  Recipe coming soon. Potato salad is a standard mustard based version with dill relish etc.

Hobart

And somewhere in all that black fur is a happy kitty trying to let us know it is time for his dinner.  Of course we rushed to get his food down for him.  Because...

#notspoiled

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a delicious plate of food. I like all coleslaws but when eating something like a sweet BBQ, I'd like something a little different.
    As always, adorable picture of Hobart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good. And yep, I love coleslaws (and potato salads of all kinds) but 2nd Man is more of a "not everything sweet" kind of person and so this coleslaw has no sugar and is such a nice contrast. Hobart says thank you!

      Delete
  2. Mmm, that is some very delicious food! Those ribs are making my mouth water. And your sides of coleslaw and potato salad too!
    Hobart’s “Feed Me!” stare is very intense – and effective I’m sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good meal and fitting for a long weekend. Yep Hobart is effective at the stare thing. He'll even go over to a line of sight spot and stare, ha. We obey.

      Delete
  3. As always, your meal looks good enough to eat! Finger-licking good! And, Hobart ... waiting to be waited on! Love him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Hobart is a sweetheart for sure.

      Delete
  4. Hobart is beautiful- I enjoy seeing him each week. it also seems he has you trained just to his liking😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for that. And yep, we are trained just how he likes it, ha.

      Delete
  5. Can’t wait for sugar free cole slaw recipe! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming soon!! I'll be making it again soon to take somewhere and I'll take pics and put the recipe together.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!